Friday, December 15, 2006

ET Call Home

I spoke with Fredia this morning. Apparently she isn't doing to good. The Dr. gave her an inhalor to prevent bronchitis from turning into pneumonia, which she is prone to. She is also having dizzy spells and has fallen a couple of times. Two of my nieces look in on her every day, but she is alone at night. I suggested that she go up to our sister Marilee's and stay with her. I gave Shane a heads up that we might not be staying the entire 6 weeks. We'll have to see what happens.

We are going to a friend of Dale's and Shane's birthday party this afternoon. Apparently he has slaughtered 4 yearling sheep to BBQ. I do hope it clears off and doesn't rain. Guess I'll be tasting NZ lamb for the first time today. I'll let you know what I think of it.

I bought Fredia a mohair shawl, not thinking she can't wear wool. So I fear someone else will be getting a nice shawl. Bought myself 4 pair of cotton shorts which I just figured out I paid way to much for...I won't tell you how much as I've been berating myself all morning about it.

I prepared tea for us last night. I made Lorraine's Leek, Gruyere, and Cream dish, of course I bastardized it with bell peppers and celery. All seemed to really enjoy it. Will probably make my Pork Stir-Fried Rice tomorrow, which the rice isn't really stir-fried. I marinated the pork in Cabernet Sauvignon, Sesame oil and Balsamic last night. Sure smells good.

We visited a Tourism office yesterday and came away with a whole arm full of brochures. Carol got a little stuffed toy Kiwi bird that you squeeze and it chirps; also, got a card with the bird on the front which when you open it, it makes the Kiwi bird sound.

We stopped by an Espresso/pastry place yesterday and I'm sure when we left they had to clean the drool marks off the display case glass. Oh yes, Jean, I asked the owner about the Sausage Rolls. They use the phyllo dough to wrap them in. The meat is already cooked and well drained before rolling the pastry dough. I asked if they used phyllo dough and they didn't understand what I meant. They finally said phyllo pastry?

Well, I've got to go shower and shave for the party. See y'all later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

", I asked the owner about the Sausage Rolls. They use the phyllo dough to wrap them in. "

Well now, don't these little goodies sound good!
Jean