Thursday, December 14, 2006

shopping day-Carol

Carol

Hi everyone. Had a day of shopping. Shane threatened to lock me in the car or take my purse away. Which would have done no good since Bill has the money. I got a nice silver and abalone bracelet, wrapping paper, bows, face creams and a sweet. I don't think that was to bad. Much better than Bill and Shane getting groceries. Those guys spent 190 New Zealand. Of course 2 bottles of wine were for me. Bill got 2 ice creams. I bought Dale.....and some waffle cones.

Some little midgies are biting Bill and I at night. Mostly on the face and neck. I told him people might think we're bringing them measles or something.

Shane is such a fibber. He gets me everytime. Then I look at him and know I've been taken in again.

The weather is getting warmer. Today was very nice until we got into the car. Then it was hot.

Bill will be fixing tea soon. Don't know what it will be. He and Shane talked about so many things I lost track.

Must call home tonigh and see if Ronnie is home from elk hunting.

Bye for now.

5 comments:

Janis said...

Mom, sorry I keep missing you. So much to tell you. Perhaps if you get this message you will be able to catch me before my party tonight. Say 2pm your time?

Roxanne said...

I'm curious to know what the exchange rate is US$ vs. NZ$. Today it was Rand 6.99 to 1 US dollar here in South Africa.

Abalone bracelet??? That particular sea specimen is on the illegal to catch list here---and also very expensive. It is exported to the Asian markets for BIG money---all black market of course so that poaching has depleted our stores big time. Have you tried this shellfish yet??
Curious to know what you think if you do and how it was/is prepared--we tried it once and was totally unimpressed--similar to chewing rubber bands but I'm sure that it because it was not prepared properly.

Sounds as though you're feeling better with your migraines---those can be very debilitating, indeed!!

Enjoying your (plural pronoun) journal--I relate easily to your activities---could take a chapter out of a day here!!

Billy said...

I had abolone for my 29th birthday. I understand it has to be prepared like conch, first you have to pound the hell out of it to "soften" it. Otherwise it's like chewing rubber. It was then breaded and sauteed/fried.

Roxanne said...

Yeah--that's basically how it was prepared for us. Can't see the attraction--a REAL delicacy here. But then, I don't care too much for caviar, either---acquired tastes, I s'pose.

Anonymous said...

Good Lord, what's the matter with you people?? Not impressed with Abalone nor Caviar???? That's sacrilege... ;)
jean