Wednesday, December 6, 2006

My first meal in NZ

I know all of you are anticipating hearing about the first tasty and surprising meal Carol and I enjoyed on our arrival. Believe it or not, Shane and I [Dale's husband] first had to go shopping. We then came home and prepared one of the most delicious meals I've had in a week or two anyway...a ham sandwich! It was absolutely magnificent after that 12 hour flight in a cattle car and the noxious airline food.

I am about brain dead, so will continue tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

shhh...don't tell anyone, but I like airline food....
However, enuff is enuff! lol.

A ham sandwich sounds just FINE!
Sleep well, Billy, I'm going to have to look up NZ time on Worldtimeserver.com

Remember to give Dale a big hug, but don't squish her!

Janis said...

I looked up New Zealand. The world map says Queen Elizabeth looks after them. How strange! New Zealand is a long way away from England. Drury is only 52 feet above sea level. It appears it is aways from the ocean however. Good thing! Can't wait to see picture.
Love you guys!

Roxanne said...

Strange the cravings we have once we have landed from a long flight. I either go for a BIG MAC (landing in the States) or a cheese omelet (landing here).

Airline air is totally noxious--I always get under the weather from breathing that recycled air--and the food??? Just the cheese and crackers, thank you.