Thursday, December 7, 2006

The Things We Do

We haven't really done anything unusual, but I certainly have enjoyed myself. Shane and I just got back from a trip into Auckland to visit the American Express Company. Shane was frustrated to accomplish nothing, but I enjoyed myself gawking at the buildings, people, cars, etc. It is overcast and blustery, but the air is so fresh compared to the US. Normally, the first thing I do in the morning is use my anti-allergy nasal spray so I can see and my nose doesn't run and I don't sneeze all day. I didn't bother to use it this morning...no need. They do indeed live rurally, but it is such lovely country the getting to a place is half the enjoyment.

An interesting tidbit. Yesterday we went to a grocery store and Shane said that tomorrow we would go to Woolworth's today. I asked him what in the world would we get at Woolworth's? To me, Woolworth's was a place that you went for costume jewlry, off brand clothing and cheap stuff. Not here, it is an upscale grocery.

Another thing, I want one of their "loos!" They have a pushbutton flushers instead of the handles we have. There are two buttons, one is a half-flush and another is for a full-flush...which one you use depends on why you need to flush it. I want one!

We are supposed to go out to a party tonight. I will take my dictaphone with me to record my impressions.

Anyway, I'm off to yak at Dale, see you tomorrow or later today.

4 comments:

Janis said...

I want one of their loos! Can you imagine the water you would save? Okay, a party hu? Fun!
I thought it was summer time there. Is the weather not hot/dry like Australia? Mom said yesterday that it was windy and cool. I'm confused.

Anonymous said...

I would give my arm to visit the grocery stores - how fun!! Keep good notes, Billy!
jean

Unknown said...

LOL Some people while on holidays visit regular stores, me, I grocery shop!!!!! Have a ball, Billy! And Happy birthday!

Roxanne said...

Woolworth's is THE place to shop for the BEST imported fruits and veggies. The cuts of meat are great as well. They are very pricey though and I have noticed that the markets available to the average Joe are stocking MUCH better items---rare to go to Woolies now--just if I need something really special!!

Don't ya just love driving on the wrong side of the road--I have been here for 14 years and at times want to turn the incorrect way---needless to say, I get a number of "hooters" coming my way--AHHHHHH!!!

AND--we are having very definite strange weather as well---it has been raining---first time since we have lived here to have rain in November and December---still beautiful and comfortable though. The HIGH winda get to be a little annoying at times but...